Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pregnancy update - week 18ish

For the most part, I don't think about my pregnancy much. ESPECIALLY compared to the first and second ones, which I thought about constantly. But every now and then I remember how far along I am and think.... SHOOT! I gotta do something about this pregnancy thing....   Like, ya know, choose a HCP. And make an appt with them. Get an ultrasound. Those little things.   Ugh. And then I get distracted with the 8,946 other things on my to-do list and it gets shoved into the back of my mind again. Cuz after all - I still have like at least 20 weeks to figure this out! PLENTY of time! :)
I'd really like a confirmation that there's just one baby in there. And knowing the gender would be nice. I'm not ashamed to admit exactly what I want - a boy. Just one. Hopinghopinghoping that's what is in there. We've already got his name picked out! (not putting it here, but happy to tell you privately if you really want to know). THIS week I WILL get serious about this. I'll call my insurance and see who/where they cover and make an appt with (hopefully) a fantastic CNM. Oh wait - I have done one pregnancy-related activity. I packed up all my too-tight clothes and have them labeled in a box, "clothes I HOPE to fit into by Spring 2014." Til then, I'm so grateful +Becky Smith sent me some maternity clothes! THANKYOU!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Depending on what your insurance is, I LOVED The Birth Center. My insurance didn't take them, but my maternity deductible is so ridiculous that it was still cheaper to pay cash for them. If we ever have another I'm doing the same, I LOVED working with them. even my husband did. Let me know if you have any questions.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally Jackson said...

Oh Chelsea! Congratulations on being pregnant again! I am so thrilled for you! Your such an awesome mama.