Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Brian had a lovely Father's Day. Played hot-and-cold for gifts  (which didn't really work out, since the twins would run to where they knew the gift was hidden while Brianna yelled at them, "NO!! Do NOT tell Daddy the gift is under the couch!!"), made him a nice meal with as much kid help as I could stand, then let him take his Father's Day Sunday Nap.
Here's a little clip of the kids singing to him:  http://youtu.be/wHEfPdmDpQk 
I sent my Dad a iPhone 5 Battery Extender thing. Kinda boring, but he really wanted one, and he's a practical kind of guy like that. Yay for Groupon saving me almost half off on it! 
Brian was a little lame on his own Father's Day remembrance efforts. Nonexistent, despite a couple reminders. I always struggle with whether I should step in and take care of it (send a card/gift), but I already feel overwhelmed with doing 2 other Father's Day celebrations. I've been good about Christmas/bday inlaw gifts over the years, but it's one of those things I wonder whether I SHOULD be in charge of, or shouldn't most men do on their own?? I'd be curious to know how other couples handle this?
On a positive note, the Church never fails to do an awesome job with holiday-related video clips.  Here's their latest for Father's Day - it definitely made me think of my own Dad:  http://youtu.be/xT6S-YCagzQ.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I always end up doing ALL of the gifts for birthdays, hoidays, etc. The few times I have said "I've had enough, you need to do it" the gifts/cards have been lame or something I would have never picked. My husband is good at picking out the worst card and most inappropriate gift possible, all the time thinking he's doing a great job. It's kind of sad to watch. I have ended up taking the reigns in this area, but I still believe he should be responsible for some of it, as long as I can control all of the purchases!

Sally Jackson said...

I always send a card thanking my Father-in-law for raising a wonderful son I could marry. Thats my part. If my husband wants to buy a gift or call him, that's his part.