Friday, May 7, 2010

Upgrade

So we finally got rid of the old D.I. cheap Bissell and bought a Dyson. I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching vacuums and reading reviews. My two cents (actually, a lot more than that - even with our coupons and store credit, we paid nearly $300) - the Dyson (DC14 model from Target) is great. But it's not magical. I still have to cut hairs off the roller. It doesn't make the carpets look brand new. It's loud. When I chose to buy it over other higher-end yet less expensive models, I figured this would be the case. But I didn't want to always wonder if I was missing something. So now I know exactly what I have and don't have - a great vacuum, and an embarrassing amount of junk sucked off our carpets!

6 comments:

Brandon and Kim said...

Hey I have your old vacuum, I cant wait for an upgrade. But for now new filters are going to have to work. :)

Debbie said...

Is that a Dyson - do you like it a lot? That expressin on Briana is just beautiful.

Malerie said...

Biranna looks so grown up in this picture!

Malerie said...

Sorry. I was typing carelessly: BRIANNA :)

The Gilson Girls said...

oh my gosh, I just got rid of that cheap walmart vacuum, my mom still has it though, what a piece of crap.

Ivy Lou said...

Who loves Dyson! I do! I do! (Reminiscing about an old Trident commercial.)