Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm feeling very...

preg·nant (prgnnt)  adj.
1. Carrying developing offspring within the body.
2. Weighty or significant; full of meaning. Of great or potentially great import, implication, or moment
3. Filled or fraught; replete
4. Having a profusion of ideas; creative or inventive.
5. Producing results; fruitful:

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin praegnant]

Synonyms: abundant, anticipating, carrying a child, enceinte, expectant, expecting, fecund, fertile, fraught, fruitful, gestating, gravid, heavy, hopeful, in family way, parous, parturient, preggers, productive, prolific, replete, teeming, with child 

My favorite synonym is gestating.  What's yours?

6 comments:

Debbie said...

My basement is totally available and I told you about the "arrangement" we could make.

Jenna Burningham, OTR/L said...

I like fruitful and productive...And with this pregnancy you are VERY productive. So even when you are tired and dont get much done...Remember YOU are always being productive. :)

Malerie said...

Cool Post :) How are you feeling?

Oh and I strongly dislike the synonym preggers. Everyone in CA calls it that... haha...

Sam and Melissa said...

That is funny, I just read your comment on my blog about being jealous for one of my days.... but I would give anything to feel the way you do right now!!!! Being pregnant is way better than anything else you could be doing! Can you feel them both moving around yet?

Megan Smith said...

Hate 'Prego' -- like your a bottle of tomato sauce or something. When I was past my due date with Annalee (read: HUGE) I had a lady at a grocery store come up to me and tell me I was a "Madonna" (...speaking of which, I think it would have been pretty funny to have broken into 'Like a Virgin' at that moment but ofcourse you always think of the best comebacks after the fact, like 9 years after the fact)

Unknown said...

My favorite synonym on your list would be "heavy". That can not in any way, shape, or form (in this instance) be a postive word. But at our house we use the spanish word "embarazada" for my condition. It makes me laugh. It sounds like what I have should be embarrassing.