Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Schwann'sMan


Yeah, it's a little expensive... but we love our Schwann's treats! I got sucked in months ago when Schwann's was giving away free $10 in products - no strings attached. I got a couple frozen veggie pizzas, which came with some great coupons for 20% all purchases for the following 3 months, delivered by a very friendly "Schwann's Man" named Mike... and now we're regulars. I know, I'm weak.
I call him the Schwann's Man because during my childhood that's what we referred to him as. I vividly remember standing at the door as my mom ordered from a catalog. My sister and I would peek over her shoulder, pointing at and begging for all the expensive popsicles. And my mom taught us the principle of delayed gratification by instantly giving in to every plea  (kidding mom - love you - thanks for all the sugar).
So we are now onto the next generation of Schwanning. Brianna recognizes the truck that pulls up every other week. She knows that truck has strawberry fruit bars in it. She knows to start searching for my purse to get my money out. She knows she gets a sticker from Mike.
And I get my chocolate frozen yogurt. We're both quite happy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

yummmm i' ve always wanted the Schwann man to come to my house...i wonder if he gets lost every time?