Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I wanna be a big loser

I'm so glad this season is finally over! I've spent every Tuesday night from 7-9pm at the gym on cardio machines, hooked up to headphones and obsessively watching every second of this show. I seriously got the biggest high off my Tuesday nights. Brian would get home right before I had to leave. I'd point out some dinner options then hop on my bike to leave my reality for 2 hours of other's reality. I alternated between the elliptical, treadmill, and bike during the show, and watched American Idol during commercials. Though I got pretty sweaty and the machines told me I was burning calories, I hardly consider it a workout because I was completely focused on the awesomeness that is The Biggest Loser. I've seen episodes of other reality shows before - Lost, Survivor, Bachelor, Idol... none are even slightly captivating to me. At the risk of offending someone, I'll be honest - they all just seem like the biggest waste of time and brain cells. And maybe TBL is too. But it's totally worth every minute and brain cell I lost. I can't even describe how refreshed and rejuvenated I would feel on my ride home afterward. Pretty sure it's similar to a drug-high.
As much as I loved it, I'm SO GLAD it's over and I can move on with my life. I won't even watch it next season because I don't want to get hooked again (well, and I might be slightly too busy with babies to care for).  I wish they had a post-pregnancy themed season - I'd totally apply to get on the show. I'd love to have Jillian help me get my pregnancy-ruined tummy back in shape!

1 comment:

debbieandstevefamily said...

I like it when it gets down to the last 10-12. It really is quite amazing. A physical type of being "born again" that probably frees the spirit in a way also.