Friday, October 10, 2008

Volleyball in Vernal


I'm on a volleyball team!
Seriously, this is the most fun I've had since living here.
I'm not as rusty as I thought I'd be... I'm still about the same as I was in highschool (which doesn't say too much. I barely made varsity, but I think it was just because I'm tall)
I love serving, blocking, and setting. I hate bumping (my forearms are so sore) and spiking (my attempts are embarrassing).
And I REALLY like the guys and gals I play with - they are so chill about the game, while still being pretty competitive-minded.
If our games are early enough in the evening, Brian and Brianna come over and cheer for us. If they're late, Brianna gets to do her bedtime routine with her daddy.
We play two evenings a week at the Rec Center - just two block from my house. It's an amazing 78,000 sq ft facility that just opened a couple months ago. You walk in there and think, "am I still in Vernal?!"
And now that I get to play volleyball, I'm much happier to be in Vernal.

4 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Seriously! I am jealous...maybe I will drive to vernal 2 nights a week and do it with you! ha!

Allison said...

It's fun to have something to do like that. I always look forward to my water aerobics class. It's a nice break from the daily routine.

Debbie said...

Volleyball - well, why not? I remember when you you got that men's basketball scholarship at BYU-H. Also when you played a little tennis and wowed 'um!

Crystal and Jordan said...

i love that your playing...wish I was there with you!