Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First fruits

Does anyone else find the experience of helping a baby try new foods totally exhilarating? Maybe that's not the right word. Giving birth was exhilarating. Helping Brianna try new things is... fascinating. Entertaining. Engaging. Amusing.
These pics are from her first experience with watermelon, and her first time eating apples. Both were spontaneous decisions made while at VernalMOM activities (an unbirthday party park potluck and an apple-picking trip). Brianna looked interested, so I just held it up and let her go at it. Both fruits are still favorites.


5 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Very exciting! Your hair looks shorter...did you chop it!?

Debbie said...

Brianna is lucky to be introduced to lots of good things straight from God's garden. No
dead cow" in God's garden!

Jami & Mark said...

Hey, I think this is the 2nd time she had watermelon. =0) I saw her chowing down on some @ G'pa's 90th birthday, I think I even have a pic.................looks like this was more entertaining!

cameron said...

I've been slacking reading blogs - though i'm back - the little one is soooooooooooo big...crazy!

Megan Smith said...

Oh how Nathan loves watermelon. He actually makes a 'mmmm' sound as he eats it he loves it so much. I have to be careful though for how it speeds through to the other end.