Monday, August 25, 2008

"Toughest 10K" at Soldier Hollow

Im playing catch-up.
This event was a little over a month ago in Soldier Hollow near Midway. We were in Park City for the weekend at a mini-McKell reunion (kindof), and found out this 10K was going on nearby at the OLYMPIC cross country ski trails. So I signed up, invited Ashley to go, and Brian surprised us last minute by agreeing to join in! He hasnt run more than a few miles the entire summer, so I was half impressed with his spontaneous decision, and half fearful for his life.
Turns out I was RIGHT. This was us BEFORE the race....

















And this was us AFTER:

It was KILLER! Constant ascents and descents,turns, weeds and grass and soft dirt to run through, and 80 degree weather. Seriously, Ive done a lot of races in my life, and this really was the TOUGHEST 10K. It lived up to the name.

This is a pic of where it was held. Like I said - it was the Olympic cross country ski course

Aunt Jamie was kind enough to go with us and take care of Brianna (which she does like a pro. The lady is fabulous with children). This is a picture of her holding Brianna and her cousin Kandalyn later on that night at Landons bday party in Spanish Fork.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Jamie looks so cute with the babes. I remember her coming to see Brianna at the hospital and then at blessing and she is a natural.
If YOU say the race was tough, then it probably should of held a "warning label"!

doublej said...

Good for you guys! Love the before/after photos. Jami is a sweetie for watching the kids.

Heather said...

You are awesome! hooray for running.

Heather said...

You are awesome! hooray for running.

Amanda said...

that is amazing that you guys did that! I wish I enjoyed running as much as you, then I could say buh bye to this baby weight in a flash! You look great! You have to tell me when you are in Provo next because Dave and I want to go eat at this Polynesian restaurant there and thought you and Brian would enjoy it too! Let me know.

Ashley said...

Hey, I am glad that you posted this, I love the pictures and definitely think that this was a crazy 10k. There is one that I am thinking of running when I am out in September, it is on the 13th in Orem and I think that it might be a 12k.

You do look awesome and it is great that you are doing so well with the running.