Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sitting up





Still playing catchup...
These pictures are the first time I caught Brianna sitting up on her own - about 3 weeks ago. Like really sitting up. Not that awkward phase where they tip over after 10 seconds. And, as usual, it wasnt me who figured out she could do it. Brian did. He is always the one to push her development and discover that she can do new things. Why is that?!
Im so happy she can sit up now. Why - because SHE is so much happier. I understand perfectly - I mean, would you be happy laying on your back or tummy all the time?!  

I know, I know - I shouldve put a bow in her hair or dressed her in pink. She doesnt look very feminine here (I wont say she looks like a boy. I hate when people say "oh, your little boy is so cute).  

10 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Yeah for sitting up! THAT IS EXCITING! She looks like a beautiful littler girl even without the bow!
Are you ever coming back to Provo?
Also, we just did a trial at 24 hour, and loved it! The equipment isn't as nice, but the people are way nicer! And, I don't feel like everyone around me is trying to show me up...I feel like a loser at gold's!

Malerie said...

I think she looks like her daddy in some of these photos. I agree - it's much better when they can sit up. Now more playing time alone while mommy gets stuff done! I get some people calling Madeline a boy even when she's wearing pink and had a bow in her hair! Weird people....

Megan Smith said...

Ahhh...it's so nice when they can sit up and play with their toys in one spot (as opposed to pulling out toys EVERYWHERE). If you saw my house right now you'de understand my fond memories of that.

Julie said...

GO BRIANNA!!! YAY!!!! and she looks darling and like a girl without the bow!

valmike said...

I think that people just speak first and check the baby later. Eryn is mistaken for a boy from time to time clearly in pink with pig tails. Pretty soon she's going to take off and you're job is going to get a lot harder! -VAL

DeAnne said...

I don't think your baby looks like a boy at all. She is very feminine. I can relate to people mistaking my little girl for a boy too. Honestly, it's mostly men who do it. It doesn't make any sense, ESPECIALLY when they are covered head to toe in pink...

Amy Hunter said...

People are so blind. They always tell me my little girl is so cute. Its just a hair thing, I think. Silly!

Meanwhile, congratulations baby B! How fun! I bet she is going to start scooting soon now! Good luck. hee hee.

Amanda said...

That is awesome she is sitting up! what a cute girl! Grace hangs out in just white onesies all the time! I bet Brianna is having a great time discovering the world from a whole new view!

Becky and Brian said...

Brianna is very cute and that is exciting that she can sit up. We are waiting for Dean to learn how to roll over.

ChrisnDave said...

Hey, fun, I love it! Aren't babies the best!?!? I'll have to take a minute to read through all your old blogs when I have a minute, and get myself all caught up with you and your adorable little family!