Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My boyfriend

I told myself I would not participate in this TAGGING craze. 
But then I saw this one on Mandys blog, and the tagline at the end obligated me to join in.
And I always enjoy a chance to talk about my favorite person:

1. What is his name? Brian Berrett McKell
2. Who eats more? Hmmm….tough to say. He eats more at one sitting, I eat more throughout the day.
3. Who said "I love you" first? HE did. By the duck pond in Spanish Fork. I didn’t say it back til the next day – his birthday.
4. Who is taller? HE is, of course. Anything else would be unacceptable.
5. Who is smarter? This is a horrible question. How is smart being defined? I earned better grades in school, but he speaks three languages fluently. I am “quicker” and more people/book-smart, but he is a human GPS and rarely gets lost.  So whatever conclusion you wanna make from that.
6. Who is more sensitive? Again, horrible question. Sensitive in what aspect? I get my feelings hurt easier, but he cant stand seeing blood (whereas I love watching the DiscoveryHealth TV station when they show surgeries). Ive never seen Brian cry. Ever. He saw me cry just last week when I got stung by a bee.
7. Who does the laundry? Both of us. He does whites usually because he doesn’t like how I do it. We have a ongoing dispute over drying – Im all about hanging items up to air-dry, he prefers the dryer.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Again, dumb question. We sleep on top of each other all night, duh.
;)
9. Who pays the bills? Me
10. Who cooks more? Me
11. What meals do you cook together?  Ummm... again, I usually take charge in that department. He helps out when I ask him too, and fends for himself when Im busy/gone.
12. Who is more stubborn? Me. Definitely me. No doubt about it, it's me. Me.
13. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Well… me, but not because I am wrong more often – just the opposite. I am so rarely wrong that on the few occasions it happens, I quickly admit to it. Brian takes a loooong time to own up. He is getting better though. The trick is to not be assertive unless youre positive of your correctness.
14. Who has more siblings? Me. I am the 7th of 8, he is the last of 5. Yeah, I married the baby of the family. He still suffers from being treated as it.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Contrary to what anyone who knows us may think, it's really Brian. He is just very laid back and allows me to call the shots most of the time. But when an issue comes up that he feels strongly about, I listen and we usually go his way.
16. What do you like to do together? TOTALLY DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES! He likes to watch movies, go out to eat, sit around with family/friends…. I like to play games (board games and sports-type), go on walks, work on projects, garden, read, workout…. But we do both enjoy spooning, so that keeps us together.
17. Who eats more sweets? Me, by far. Brian would rather have a second dinner for dessert.
18. What is his guilty pleasure? Watching sports on TV and reading ESPN.com
19. How did you meet? On the beach of the North Shore of Hawaii. Not kidding. Beat that.
20. Who asked who out first? He asked me to the BYU-Hawaii “Fall Ball” – which was on a cruise ship around Honolulu Bay.
21. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. It was in the morning by my front door as I was getting ready to leave for a XC race on the Big Island. It was kindof an awkward one, so I chased him down and told him to do it again.
22. Who proposed? He did. On a canoe pushed by a Fijian through the river in the Polynesian Cultural Center, after hours. The same place Elvis proposed to his wife, incidentally.
23. His best features? Have you seen him?! He is GORGEOUS! So flippin hot! Eyes, hair, nose, ears, lips, jawline… Ill stop there.
24. What is his greatest quality? He is so patient with me. I have so many flaws and shortcomings, and he loves me unconditionally. Also, it has been said by others – he is a man without guile.

25. Tag: everyone who loves their hubby too (guilt-trip, I know)

5 comments:

Hetzlers said...

There is nothing wrong with being the short one in the relationship. Carisa said she would never marry a shorter guy but settled for me.

Debbie said...

That was sweet and "informative". Take care of each other! Mom

k. said...

Okay, so I really love that you asked him to do it (1st kiss). Too funny. :)

Julie said...

#8 - my all time favorite!! haha...!!!

M and N Tenny said...

Hey! Ok, so if you scroll down to the bottom of my blog there's a link that says designs by lena, click on that and you can look at all of the templates, some of them are 3 column templates. Hope that helps!