Sunday, August 31, 2008

First taste of cereal

About a month ago, I realized that Brianna was turning 6 months old and had still never had a drop of anything but breastmilk. I figured it was about time for me to overcome my anxiety over trying new things and start the "solids." (I was confused at first why these first foods are referred to as SOLIDS. There is nothing solid about the baby cereals and pureed veggies. Then I realized that they are called solids because of what they do at the OTHER end.)

Brianna wasnt crazy about the rice cereal. She ate it. Kindof. Most ended up on her face, hands, bib, etc. She is doing a little better now. We switched to brown rice cereal instead of white, and usually mix it with a little fruit. She likes all the fruit and veggies she has tried. She also enjoys newspapers, magazines, envelopes, my toes, her toes, her daddys nose....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Is Brianna's hair lightening up?

Ashley said...

Hey, Alli also loves newspapers, board books, paper, and anything she finds on the floor.

chelsea mckell said...

mom - yep, Briannas hair is getting lighter. And its starting to get a little curly. Hopefully she will inherit Brians baby hair - beautiful blond curls!

Megan Smith said...

I love her facial expressions--HAHAHAHA!

ChrisnDave said...

Don't worry - I ignored all the friends and pediatricians telling me to start feeding River solids - I waited until he showed signs of being ready, like teeth coming in and taking an interest in what we were eating. So basically he had little nibbles/licks of our food starting around 6 months but didn't really start eating "solids" until about 8.5-9 months.
Blah blah blah, anyway, when are you guys going for #2???