Friday, September 29, 2017

backyard birthday bash, on the fly 🎊

I think this is our 3rd year in a row getting to celebrate Savana's birthday with her here in Spokane! Lindsay and Cougar come into town for the weekend, mostly for Lindsay to do the Colbert Half Marathon with Meredith and I.  Super fun tradition.  Wish I had actually trained for it this year though. I didn't. I've been working out of course, but not running a lot. And the only way to get better at running is to RUN.  So I bombed. I had a bad sideache during a lot of it. Finished a full 25 minutes slower than the last 2 years.  Ugh. So lame. But whatever. We had a fun weekend together! Lindsay made a super cute treasure hunt for the kids to go on during the party.  
She didn't directly ask if she could have the party at my house, but it occurred to me a couple hours before it was going to start that everyone would probably end up at my house, since the plan was to have the party "at the park."  That typically ends up meaning....at my house.  So I zoomed to get it super clean and ready for guests!
I love that my kids will have such great memories of fun cousin play. Meg loves that too. Life living close to relatives isn't perfect, but it's wonderful. 

No comments: