Thursday, November 11, 2010

ONE THOUSANDTH POST

I don't often look at my "dashboard" homepage, but fortunately I did recently and noticed that I was about to hit the big 1,000! I would think perhaps congratulations are in order for such a milestone... but maybe I'd be congratulating myself for being a ridiculously compulsive blogger and having the numbers to prove it?!  :)
Whatever. I like blogging and that's why I do it. I could use the excuses that it's my scrapbooking, journaling, soapbox, keeping-in-touch-with-people tool... but really - I just like blogging. I enjoy writing. I enjoy playing with pictures. I enjoy sharing what's on my mind. Not that I'm exceptionally talented at any of those things... but it doesn't matter. That's another aspect of blogging I enjoy - it's not graded. It doesn't matter if I do lame or pointless or superfluous posting. Although... ironically, I do care veryvery much if I have an error in my post. I pride myself on being an excellent speller. I'm extremely judgmental towards those who misuse their/there/they're and your/you're. There, I said it. I admit I'm a conventions snob. I really am. Thus I'm extremely embarrassed when I go back to an older post and see a thoughtless error. Please people - if you see one, tell me. I won't be offended at all; I'll be very grateful. I just realized another bullet point on my why-I-like-blogging list: a forum for my rambling! Hi, my name is Chelsea, and I'm a rambler.  Soooo.... what else to say on this momentous posting occasion... I'll share my stats. I just noticed that Stats tab on blogger only about a month ago. Clicking on it and seeing the info presented was very eye-opening for me:
Pageviews this month by country:
United States - 1828
Ukraine - 56
Russia - 32
South Korea - 33
Canada - 27
Denmark - 21
Latvia -12
Ireland - 10
China - 9
Netherlands - 9

Pageviews this month by Operating Systems
Windows - 1502 (71%)

Macintosh
- 476 (22%)
iPhone
 -35 (1%)
Other Unix
 -34 (1%)
BlackBerry -
20 (<1%)
iPad
10 - (<1%)
Linux
9-  (<1%)
iPod
7 - (<1%)
Apple
6 - (<1%)
Nintendo Wii
1 - 1(<1%)


A lot of this doesn't make sense to me, as I'm not exactly sure what constitues a pageview. And I have no idea why anyone in Latvia would care what my kids are doing and what I feel like rambling about for the day. But it is interesting that someone is using their Nintendo Wii to look at my blog. Hmph.
Ultimately, none of this matters because I don't care who reads my blog (obviously - otherwise I'd be paranoid and make it invitation-only). Mr. Weirdo in Turkmenijkerstan isn't going to affect my life.  These stats are just... interesting.  Just like my blog and my life. It may not affect you, Reader-of-bcmckell, but it's interesting enough that you made the time to read this entire post, and some of the 999 preceding it.  :)

2 comments:

Fei said...

Congratulations!!!

I've had my blog for 6 years and I haven't even made it to 900 posts.

Seriously, ramble away. You're going to be so glad you kept a record of everything!

Marilyn said...

You are an excellent blogger. You really speak from your heart. I love reading your blogs.
Another annoying mistake I see on blogs (or anywhere)is mixing up "your", and "you're".