Thursday, November 18, 2010

rollin'rollin'rollin'

Right after the deed. Pretty happy with herself. Mommy not so happy.
Courtney just did something! Not sure if we can say she rolled....  she just swung her right leg over and over until she got onto her side, then slowly fell onto her tummy. Then she was stuck on her tummy with one arm trapped under her, and flipped herself back onto her back!  I sat near her just staring in shock and horror.
Raise da roof!
She needs to stop this immediately. I will not have mobile babies! It's kinda cute and fun for a second... and she seemed excited about the view change... but I'm seriously dreading the day I have to start keeping two crawlers/walkers safe from hurting themselves and putting crap in their mouths.
I'll do everything I can to discourage physical development.
I might have to break out the duct tape. Or start wearing one on my back and one in the front all day long.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

that just happened in our house too! But it hasn't stopped, Lainey is now completely mobile rolling everywhere. I have caught her with a crayon, sticker, and ribbon in her mouth. I cannot keep up with keeping Hallie's toys away from her.

Unknown said...

Wow! It is amazing how much Courtney looks like Brianna. Beautiful girls.
I completely agree with not wanting mobile babies. I like your duct tape idea. I might have to try that at my house too! LOL

Unknown said...

Too funny, and so true. First parents can't wait for progress, but then we learn it only becomes harder with movement.

Megan Smith said...

She is so proud of herself! You know, it's probably the competition thing starting up already. She doesn't wanna be out done by her brother!