Sunday, August 1, 2010

daddy-daughter sleepover

Whenever Brianna has trouble falling asleep or has some irrational fear of something (like the AC fan, ants, her itchy foot, etc), she begs her dad to "come sleep on floor." She doesn't have to actually beg, of course. Just one little plea/pout and Brian melts. He usually just lays there until she falls back to sleep and then comes back to bed with me. But this night he stayed on her floor all night long! I didn't even realize he hadn't come back until I woke up in the morning. He even said it wasn't that uncomfortable at all. Ugh.  There's no way I could sleep on the floor right now and not wake up totally sore! Nor could I sleep like Brianna does.... isn't that weird? With her legs curled under her bum up in the air...  funny kid.

2 comments:

The Gilson Girls said...

my girls slept like that, and now that they are bigger they sleep like frogs. Legs out to their side then they rock the pelvis. They don't like to wear jeans because they can't lay like a frog when they get tired.

Unknown said...

I love when kids sleep in the "stink bug" pose as I call it. Addison is 3 and she still sleeps like that sometimes. Good job Brian for being a good daddy and sleeping on the hard/cold floor for your daughter! Daddies are the best!