Saturday, August 7, 2010

So... I had totally planned on texting updates and photos to my blog throughout this delivery and recovery...I wanted to document it all, play-by-play.  But here we are just arriving home from the hospital, and I've obviously not done much. The texts didn't go through right, so I had Brian bring our laptop. But every time I wanted to go write something, someone needed to be fed. Or changed. Or poked/prodded. Or I was being told to rest. Or walk around. Or we had visitors/callers/texters. Or I was just sitting around holding my babies and really didn't want to do anything but that.  Ever. I kindof wish the world would stop and I could just focus on my babies. Brian and I spend a lot of time just staring at them. They're so incredible. These two perfect little creatures are part of our family now.   But although I know I should be soaking up every second of this relatively brief newborn period and that's all I WANT to do... I also have to record it, because I'm sure I'll forget everything. Even now, the birth and first-day details are starting to blur and fade. I'll try to post pictures and respond to people. But honestly - I'm not doing very well. I hate admitting that. I'd SO like to report I'm up and going like superwoman, as it was after my first pregnancy. But I'm in a LOT of extreme discomfort and pain. Not just because of the c-section... my doc made a big mistake that is costing me a week of mobility. It's T.M.I. for the blog, but I'm more than willing to whine about it if you want to know. It's quite the story. If all women had to go through what I have and am dealing with, I promise you the world population would decline exponetially. On the bright side, Bennett and Courtney are doing awesome. They passed all their tests and survived 842 million unecessary procedures. I'm feeding Courtney while typing this one-handed, actually. My babies are the greatest blessing and make everything I'm going through worth it.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Chelsea, the babies are beautiful and perfect in every way. I am sorry that you had to go through extra pain and discomfort because of doctor error.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Oooh, grr. I read "dr. error" and I want to throw sharp objects at the dr. I am definitely going to have to find out about this error. I am sorry to hear that 1. there was mistake and 2. that you are having pain. I can't wait to see and meet your babies but I think I'll wait until things settle down just a bit, and maybe when your mom goes home. I know you'll be glad to let me in if I am bearing food in my arms! I'd love to take Brianna so call me when you want her to have a playdate. PS the babies are so beautiful. I can't wait to hold them.

DeAnne said...

I want to know what happened. I'm sorry for your pain.

Jan said...

Your little ones are just beautiful! And you look great as well - So sorry you're going to have to lie low for a bit longer than you'd planned. Lucky you to have your Mom to help for a bit. It will make a huge difference - Just let her do her thing and don't worry a bit - She can be the superwoman in your house for the time being. You'll be up and running soon enough!

Unknown said...

It does not surprise me that you are up and at 'em like Superwoman. I don't blame you for wanting to just hold your babies! I am getting so anxious to even hold my own!

Julie said...

I think courtney looks like Brianna! and Bennett looks like his daddy - but hey i'm never good at those things but that's what i thought when i just looked at the pics! anyways they are adorable babies - i can see why you guys just stare at them all day! :) Dr. errors bite - holy crap I am sorry you had to go through something... i am open for you to whine to cuz i wanna hear...maybe i just want this baby to stay inside of me until doctors and get it right. one of my friends up here just had a baby and had dr. errors too ugh!!

summer said...

Oh my - darling babies, beautiful mom and happy dad (plus cute big sister...not pictured but she is always such a cutie!!!) = AMAZING and completely wonderful! I am so sorry you are in extra pain - curious as to what happened?! I hope you get the rest you need - cuddle those precious babes, allow yourself to be pampered and i hope your body will work magic and get you recovered as you need and hopefully faster than is predicted.

Loves to you and many congrats!