Monday, August 9, 2010

24 hr party at my crib. Heavy drinking involved. B.Y.O.Boob. Appropriate clothing optional.

Last night before "going to bed," (said in quotes because really - we never to actually go to bed. We just transfer the napping-feeding-changing routine to our room for the night) Brian asked if I wanted a cake for my birthday the next day (today). I responded of course - because I really like the fact that I still look pregnant and I always want to stay this way.
I told him a foot and back rub would make me infinitely happier than any colorful combination of sugar and lard that he would pick up at a bakery.
But mom, overhearing this, wasn't about to let my birthday go uncelebrated in the socially accepted traditional manner.
So she made me a cake.
A fruit cake.
A fresh fruit cake:
I love that lady.
So.... I'm 26 now.   I have 3 kids. Under my belt I've also got a couple houses, a MPH degree, a fabulous hubby with a solid career, some world traveling, a few marathons, an ocean sky dive.... Point: it's been a full and fun 26 years and I'm so looking forward to the next. 
Many thanks to everyone sending their birthday greetings my way. I feel very loved  (emotionally. Physically I'm still a train wreck). But it's been a very happy day.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy B-day!!! Congrats on the babies-and an awesome life full of blessings from houses to hubby to health!
Lorri

BBS said...

This post is hilarious!! So my love for bakery cake is my downfall! Happy b-day Chelsea!!! Tell your mom that her fruitcake is adorable!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake looks like the nummiest cake I've ever seen. And I nearly fell off my chair (good thing I didn't, I probably wouldn't have been able to get back up) when I read your post title...B.Y.O.Boob...Seriously LOL.

redrockmama said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely fruit cake for your mama to make for you. How thoughtful (and healthy!)

We'll see you tomorrow!!

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday. The cake is a great idea. You certainly haven't lost your sense of humor (from the title of this entry).
I hope you get feeling better. Thank goodness for moms, huh. My oldest daughter Natalie and her husband are off to Florida for a week to celebrate her 40th birthday. She wanted to stand on the beach to experience this major birthday! Guess who is tending the kids? Actually Melanie is helping a lot too.
You have achieved major accomplishments in your young 26 years! You have a right to feel very proud.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE the cake! I hope you got your foot and back rub. I LOVE cake, but I'd give it up for a good foot rub! ;)

The Parenting University said...

Happy Bday, Chelsea! I'm such a forgetful VTer! I told myself the other day that if was your bday and was going to bring something over. Why is it the end of the day and I still haven't been to your house?!? I'll drop by sometime this week with some bday wishes (without my kids, of course!). I'll be there to help when your mom leaves!
-Cindy

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

I was thinking about you today and wanting to come over and visit but I thought you'd appreciate it more if I came on a day when my family wasn't recovering from the pukey flu. I think it is about the last thing in the world that you want to deal with right now.

Amy Hunter said...

I'm so glad to hear you've got your mom there too! Happy birthday to you! Your babies are gorgeous. I must hold them asap!

Unknown said...

I hope you got your foot and back rub! Your cake looks absolutely divine! I am so in love with fresh fruit right now that I am all but licking the screen of my computer!
Happy Birthday!!!

The McClellan Clan said...

happy birthday my computer friend:) I hope it was awesome- Im sorry you had pain to take your attention off of your awesome day!!

Julie said...

Hey Chels hope your bday was filled with lots of baby balloons (haha..diapers!!) just kidding glad to know your day was great! can't wait to come visit those cuties!

Mary said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! May your physical self catch up to your emotional self quickly.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it was a happy one! You have so many blessings! Congratulations! And I just love your mom! She's such a fabulous lady!

Jami & Mark said...

I know my response is delayed......who knows where my mind was that day? Probably in surgery.....regardless.....no excuse.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You look incredible, and I hope that foot rub keeps going for days!!