Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Smith Reunion, Day Two

Day two began with one of my favorite runs - a loop that features trails behind my old elementary school. My sister Lindsay joined me, making it even more enjoyable. I miss running with other people!! And ya know what's funny...I miss Brianna when I leave to run. I mean - I enjoy getting a break (and NEED it!) but I honestly can't wait to get back to her. Especially this morning, since we all got to get dressed in our SMITH Family Reunion 2008 TSHIRTS!
They rock. But they are gender-neutral, so I had to put a few feminine touches on Brianna's ensemble. Like her bonnet? Brian hates it. He says we aren't polygamists and she isn't allowed to wear it in public. Hmph.

We went to Merryglen Home for the Disabled (where Sammy lives) for a service project. It was so fun - we made cement stepping stones for and with each resident.

Brian helped by testing out the swing with Brianna. :)

Then after a picnic lunch it was on to SILVERWOOD! We had SO much fun on all the rollercoasters and at the waterpark. Brianna was a champ, considering how her nap and feeding schedule is completely messed up. Thank goodness for covered strollers!

3 comments:

Malerie said...

I love family reunions! We're so blessed to be able to have such great families. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sometimes it's not easy or glamorous being a mom, but it's so wonderful and worth it at the same time. You look great by the way!

valmike said...

Only Brian would see that cute little sun bonnet and think of the polygamists! -VAL

Ashley said...

Looks like you are having fun, that is funny what he said about the bonnet. He is funny. Enjoy your trip, good luck on your skit.