Friday, July 11, 2008

New headband from a friend



Be honest - is the headband a little ridiculous? Why am I even asking... I don't care what anyone else thinks. I LOVE it! And I love it even more because of how we got it.
I just got a new friend here in Vernal. So that makes like 3 now. Her and her cute little daughter met up with Brianna and I at the Dinaland Rodeo Roundup Craft Fair on Main Street in Vernal yesterday. It was the largest community event Ive seen yet in Vernal. Held in conjunction with the rodeo (which was so noisy we couldnt fall asleep those 3 nights), there were TONS of fun booths in a fair-type setting. Ivy, Abi, Brianna and I went "shopping." I told her I really wanted to find one of those hair pieces with a ridiculously large flower and a wide band (the thin ones always seem too tight and uncomfortable on my baby). But sadly, I couldn't find one at any of the tents. So we went home, I put Brianna down for a nap, and later that afternoon Brian walked in the door for a short visit (his office is only a mile away, so he sneaks in visits occasionally). He came in holding this super-cute headband! I was so excited, I hugged him and started thanking him... but he stopped me and kindof sadly admitted that it wasnt from him. He just found it on our doorstep. So who could the thoughtful and generous anonymous giver be?
Thank you Ivy!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so cute, those things are hard to find. I have been looking everywhere for some cute ones and can't seem to find where they sell them.

Dear Chicka said...

I think it is ADORABLE! Who wouldn't want a gigantic flower on top of their head. If I could pull it off as well as Brianna, I totally would!

Chelsea and Cody said...

I L-O-V-E it! Especially the actual band! It is so cute!

Ivy Lou said...

Chelsea,

You were so thoughtful...and I thought you were just curious about how Abi spelled her name...next thing I know you are giving her a personalized wooden carving of her name!! I don't even know if I said thank you..I was so shocked at your kindness! THANK YOU, TOO!

Debbie said...

It's over the top! Enjoy CHOOSING her clothing and accessories while you can!

chelsea mckell said...

mom - if you want to choose my clothes and accessories for me, I will let you.
As long as youre buying, of course. And include a gift receipt.
:)