Monday, April 21, 2008

Trip to Spokane

Brianna took her first flight! And possibly her last... flying with an infant is no fun. She wants to wiggle and look around and nurse and have her diaper changed and be bounced and sung to... that just does not work well when Im stuck in the middle of two large people. That was on the way from SLC to Spokane, when I was solo. This pic is from the way back, where I thankfully had my better half with me to help with the wiggling baby. He asked the guy next to him to take this pic. That was after their 30 minute conversation. Brian just rolls like that, pretty much all the time... striking up conversations with strangers everywhere he goes. Funny kid.
Brian is crashed on my parentʻs couch. He got to tend Brianna muchmuch more than he is used to, so I could go play with my sisters and enjoy running in Spokane (I miss my old routes!). He made a comment about how tiring it is - "Brizzle [thatʻs his nickname for her] was terrible. First she wanted to just be held all the time, then dropped a bomb in her diaper, then wet all over her blanket while I was changing her, then was hungry, then fell asleep but woke up as soon as I moved her, then wanted to play again, then messed her diaper again, then was hungry again..." My response? Welcome to my world.
We went to Celebrate Recovery at Community Bible Church with Mere. Mom, Linds, and Brianna all went too. It was great. We waved our arms in the air, shouted AMEN, sang and clapped to their "hymns"... Brianna was so overcome by the spirit that she cried.
Mom is the coolest Nonny ever. She takes her grandkids upstairs to their playroom, puts the music on, and starts DANCE PARTY.
Almost every evening, I found mom and dad cuddled together on the lazyboy, watching the news, holding Brianna, with Dad eating his apple. I love how Dad eats his apple - shaving small slices off with a knife. He used to do that with me while we watched Simpsons. Isnt it interesting which childhood memories are most poignant and carry with them such strong positive sentiments... does that make sense? I just really love seeing Dad eat his apple this way. I miss Spokane.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I wonder if Brian mentioned to the guy on the plane that he works for Enterprise??

chelsea mckell said...

of COURSE Brian mentioned he works for Enterprise. Honestly, the man rarely goes 3 sentences before Enterprise is brought up...... (if I sound bitter, Im not. I think itʻs amusing).