Monday, April 14, 2008

They shot my baby

I don't have any pictures to memoralize the event of Brianna's first immunizations... I was too busy bawling my eyes out as I watched them poke and torture my poor child. But I'm happy to say we survived it, and now my baby won't get polio. But for the record - that was probably the worst experience of motherhood so far.
Stats update: 12.7 pounds, 23 inches - that's the 86th percentile in height and 81st in weight. Head circumference was 54% percentile (so a slightly large head - must get that from her Dad).

5 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Did you just get it done today? Beckett had his 2 month this morning and shots are no fun but he did surprisingly well. You can tell Brianna that she has a tall and handsome boyfriend. He came in at 24 and 7/8 inches (96%!!) 12lbs 11oz (75%) and only 55% for his head. They are a perfect pair... head wise anyways :)

Malerie said...

oh gosh.. at Madeline's 2nd month check up, she was 10th percentile all around. She's starting to get some rolls, though, so we'll see if she's moved up on the charts for her 4th month in a couple weeks. More shots..ugh I want to stay in the waiting room next time!

Chelsea and Cody said...

sounds traumatizing....poor YOU! hehe

Amy Hunter said...

Chelsea, I'm so sorry. It is traumatic! It gets easier (on you, maybe not on her) especially knowing that its for the best.

It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family in Washington. I love that state! I served my mission in Seattle. Anyway, hope you had fun!

Ashley said...

That is great that she is growing so well. It is hard when they give them shots, I just think it will be much harder when they are older. Brian and I used to hide from my mom for hours when she would try to take us to get shots.