Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busted the Piggy open

Sorry, Brianna... I'm not saving my penny collection for you. After about 9 years of collecting them inside a dollar-store red pig given to me by Meredith, we cashed them.
So sad...had to perform major surgery to get that pig open.
But worth it - there were 3,357 pennies in there!!


Then the pig was trashed. I don't keep STUFF for sentimental reasons very much anymore. That's why blogging is so great, generally speaking... no stacks of photos to keep in boxes, or attempt to scrapbook...no keeping movie stubs or special receipts... just snap a photo, blog it, and toss it! What a wonderful world we live in... what will they come up with next...

5 comments:

The Moon's said...

Hey glad that you found me. PCOS is new to me but I am glad to hear that you had success. I know we will still continue with adoption but it would be amazing to get pregnant too! I had been on clomid a few years back before they knew what was wrong and it didn't work for me....but I am interested in hearing about your experience with Metformin as that is what they have me on now. Did you gain weight from the medications or because the docs told you to?

Also I don't know if you remember me but I remember in high school, I went to mead but was a year older I think. Glad to see you happy with your family, that is so awesome!

Sommer

Unknown said...

Is he pushing the piggy bank into the garbage with his NOSE? Please tell me he isn't!

chelsea mckell said...

Response to Kecia: he is kissing piggy byebye

doublej said...

so-are you spending the money on something special?

chelsea mckell said...

Response to Jen: well, sure - I guess everything you spend money on is special in some way, right? :) It was only about $34, and we had to put it on an Amazon.com giftcard so that we didn't have to pay the 9% fee from Coinstar. So I'll buy something on Amazon. Probably chips for Brian (he loves the Stacy's multigrain Pitachips)