Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spring Surprises

Spring is here! We had the hottest day of the year so far - about 75 degrees - and absolutely gorgeous. I had a few surprises today... I found Brian outside on our backyard lawn with Brianna! We've never been able to take her outside til now for any length of time. He was out there changing her diaper (odd, I know...but everything is more fun outside). Of course my paranoid thoughts imagined a spider sneaking up and biting her bum, infecting her with some incurable life-threatening disease... but I guess I'll have to get over that, or just keep her in a bubble her entire life.

I also was surprised to find our daffodils had popped up...
And another one of our annual flowers. Don't know what this one is named. Blood rose, maybe? We were really fortunate to move into a home where the previous owner was a greenthumbed old lady. We have roses, strawberry plants, iris, purple things, and green things.

And my favorite surprise... Brian got me roses - - no reason! I asked why he chose white roses (he usually always gets me yellow, my favorite), and he said "aren't those yellow?!" I've heard that men are somewhat colorblind... oh well, I don't care. Just happy for Spring surprises.

2 comments:

Amy Hunter said...

Chelsea, Thanks for your sweet comment you left about mothering mistakes. I remember when Judson was a newborn and it the middle of the night, I had just gotten him back to sleep and was delirious myself. As I was taking him back to his bed I ran smack into the wall and banged his head really hard. We both woke up and cried toghther. You just never forget those moments when your children hurt, most especially when it's your mistake! Brianna is too young to be rolling over! I would have made the same mistake!

By the way, congratulations on your beautiful flowers. It seems we both married great husbands!

Malerie said...

I'm so jealous you live in a house! Taking walks outside keeps us sane and Madeline loves to look around at everything. She hates the wind, though. She sucks it in and gets big eyes...that's the only problem and that I'm freaked out about her getting sunburned... will we ever get over being so worried? :)