Wednesday, April 2, 2008

APRIL FOOLS


So here's the story:
Last month at Grandma Berrett's funeral, I learned that she had been quite a prankster, back-in-the-day. She put For Sale signs in front of people's homes, called random numbers and told them their house is on fire, sent Valentine cards to male neighbors from female neighbors - both married, not to each other. Absolutely hilarious. So - I was inspired.
Being out here on planet Vernal, my options are limited. But thank goodness for internet so I could have some fun!
I saved the positive preg test from Brianna (is that weird? It's like a report card for me. You save the good ones.) BTW - dollar store tests work just as well as the expensive ones. I received some criticism from people for being "cheap" and just using the dollar store tests. Ridiculous. The only thing a dollar store test could produce is a false negative, if you're not far enough along. I'd rather exercise patience, wait a little longer, and save the money.
Anyways - so I took pics of the nearly year-old postive test, posted the pics, and let the chaos begin. My phone started ringing, I got texts, emails... Anne threatened to come over to my house and make me take another one. Some people swore they didn't believe me, yet they kept calling and asking. Brian was the most fooled...but it was an excellent test - he was really happy about it! Totally excited. Just a little upset when I posted the APRIL FOOLS sign, but only because he had called everyone he knows. We spent the evening sending out GOTCHA texts.
Just wait - next year I'm going to do this trick again... but will I be foolin?! We'll see!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA...but you missed the ONE basic rule of April Fools jokes...you have to do them ON APRIL FOOLS DAY! Not the day before! Cheater! We still luv ya though. :D

Mandy said...

That is a FUNNY April Fools joke! Well done!! By the way, I may just start putting out random for sale signs in people's houses . . . that sounds like fun!!

chelsea mckell said...

rebuttle to Kecia's post - - whatchu talkin bout?! The date on my WHOOPS April Fools post is APRIL FIRST. Last I checked, that is April Fools day. Perhaps someone is just a tad miffed cuz she fell for it?? =)

Lorri said...

I got fooled thats for sure. I was happy for you but wondered how Brian was going to react.
I know Cammon looked stunned. He said that after we have scooter, even though he wants our kids close in age, we should wait until we are sure we are ready to have another one-I think you spooked him Chelsea!!!! A MAN says we should wait!!! hahahahaha

BBS said...

Chelsea- way to go.
Grandma Berrett would have been so proud of you and laughed.
You are fun and awesome.
Love ya-BBS

Unknown said...

No it seriously posted on the 31st! Check out the first three comments, they are all dated March 31st. It showed up before the haircut blog and then showed up again after the haircut blog in my google reader. Did you post it and then remove it real quick? Anyways it was a good one, you stinker. And I still have Emma's stick, just for the memories...