Thursday, January 9, 2014

B treadmillin'

Bonus: Netflix on the iPad while running!
This treadmill has some history to it. It sat unused for almost 2 yrs in our condo in Bountiful, before we moved to this house. I thought it was broken and kept meaning to sell/dump it. Somehow the jarring of the move brought it back to life! Barely. It's sticky, the monitor screen is shot, and the belt is off center. But it's still alive, and I'm keeping it til it's really dead! I worked hard for it. I had to harass the people at NordicTrack for months to send it to me cuz they kept forgetting to. It was the prize for winning the Salt Lake 5K, back when NordicTrack was the title sponsor. I remember thinking how odd it was that myself and the full marathon winner earned the same prize, but she had to run 23.1 miles more than I did :)  And when my track coach at BYU found out I did the race after he told me not to, he threw a tantrum and punished me by not letting me go to Nationals. Then I think he was even more mad when I didn't care. I had been dreading another 25 lap race around a track, simply to earn another piece of paper and medal. I was finally FREE to go race whenever! This was 8 years ago.... pretty much a different lifetime. Seems so far away now, being as out of shape as I am. But my treadmill works again, so there's no excuse not to get back on it :)  Well, besides the 4 little people. They are beautiful little excuses. But if Brian can make it a priority, so can I!

No comments: