Sunday, January 12, 2014

Visiting Gma

We stop by Grandma Smith's home at least once/wk.
I know she really appreciates it, and we enjoy helping her not feel so alone. My Grandpa passed away in '05 from dementia.
I can't imagine what it's like to live by myself.
I know I'd have a heckofalot cleaner and more organized house! And quiet - sweet, sweet, quiet (typing this as children are running around yelling and baby is having her evening fussy period).
But it's gotta get depressing.
When I get to that stage, I'll probably rescue a few pets from the animal shelter. One that likes to snuggle on the recliner with me and one that likes to go on long walks. And live somewhere in some community with a playground so my grandkids can come play without destroying my house. But if they do, I'll be relaxed about it so they feel comfortable coming over.
And I'll hang out at the senior center doing puzzles. And volunteer at races cutting up orange slices for the runners.

There.  Golden years all planned out.

No comments: