Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 2014 Resolutions

Ya know... some people like to hide behind their I'm-too-cool-for-resolutions facade. Like they're *above* our silly societal tradition of declaring personal improvement goals at the beginning of a calendar year. 
[sigh]. Someday I hope to be as perfect as them.
Until then, I shall RESOLVE!
And I certainly have much to be resolute upon. 
Let's make a few simple goals for 2014:
Floss everyday
Introduce new fruits and vegetables to my children more often
Finally finish reading the Old Testament (Meant to finish it last year)
Be in bed by 10pm
Read a book just for fun. Maybe even a *gasp* FICTION book!
Be a better LLL Leader
Make more progress towards IBCLC accreditation
Brush my teeth twice per day instead of once
Exercise first thing in the morning
Figure out how to make my eyebrows look better
Wear earrings more often
Keep the fish tank cleaner
Help my kids do as many races as they want to do
Teach Brianna to ride a bike (I know - way past due!)
Teach Brianna to tie her shoes
Stop wasting time on FB, no matter how interesting the links
Be a better +UtahRunning.com employee
Get back to regular piano practicing 
Enter lots of giveaways... but not TOO many!
Do some awesome yardsaling... but not TOO much!
Don't bring anything with chemical food coloring in my kitchen
Clean the stickers off the inside of my car's windows
Read to Bennett more
Read to Courtney more
Read to Brianna more
Keep Charity alive and healthy
Remember to bring tithing in more often
Give generously
Clean the garage floor as soon as the weather's warmer
Fit back into ALL my clothes - including the boxes in the garage of small stuff
Stop late night snacking
Start meal planning for the family
Go visit Grandma more often (2x/wk minimum)
Send notes/letters/pictures to Grandpa McKell and Berrett at least bimonthly
Stop missing spots when I shave my legs
Figure out how to make healthier house cleaning products 
GARDEN!
Memorize favorite scripture passages
Hold Family Night on Mondays more consistently
Get Brianna involved in planning Family Night
Organize Charity's clothes
Organize the kids' shoes
Go to Discovery Gateway Museum at least biweekly
Go on dates with B more often
Reduce my shoe collection
Reduce my clothing inventory
Have green smoothies at least 3x/week
Do art projects with my kids more often
Vacuum my car once/month min.
Be more on-the-ball with my super simple RS calling as VT Supervisor
Consolidate banking accounts
Cut my hair
Help Brianna do her workbooks everyday
Do pushups everyday. Real ones.
Get better at tricep pushups
Keep my toes trimmed and painted
Keep the girls toes trimmed and painted
Organize our CDs
Facetime with Nonny once/wk min.
Get better at kite flying
Figure out this essential oil thing
Stretch more
Be faster at everything
Be better at everything
Do everything better and faster.
And that sums it up. My 2014 will rock now that I've got serious expectations in place.

1 comment:

Sally Jackson said...

I love your list. Be faster and better at everything is my favorite