Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My FOUR year old!

The problem with having children is that now there are TWO days every year that make me feel old - MY birthday, and THEIR birthday... because saying things like "my four-year-old daughter...." make me realize I'm aging. Which is basically like dying. We're all DYING SLOWLY, and birthdays REMIND ME of that! Great way to start off Brianna's birthday post, I know. But thankfully, she thinks it's AWESOME we're both getting so old! Brianna reminds me quite often that she's a big girl now - "...as big as BOUNTIFUL!" as she put it today. She's a fun, smart, sassy, sweet girl. I'm so grateful for my Brianna.
Some formal pictures. Somehow I feel obligated to get photos like this done of my children, though I really don't prefer this type. She's only smiling because I'm dancing around behind the photographer with a monkey on my head. 

Her "cake" I ordered from LearningResources.com (got a Plum District deal for it , so it ended up being almost free). It's fun - she gets to decorate her cake and trace letters on it and do the candles.... lots of sugar-free fun!
We're really looking forward to her party coming up. Lots of friends coming, and I've made it very low-key and stress-free for myself. It's so fun seeing her little face light up as we work on the plans together. And I'm happy because we're keeping the party expectations low as long as we can... because I'm sure in a few years she'll be demanding pony rides and bounce houses. 

4 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

4 years?! Holy Cow that is so crazy.

Jordan and Crystal said...

ya your old!!! ha ha. Happy birthday brianna!

Ioana said...

Wait until they turn double digits!!!:-)

Sally Jackson said...

yeah! happy birthday!!! she is such a sweetie!!(typing one finger whilst nursing)