Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have more strollers than I have children.

They've all got a story behind them. The blue single jogger was a group gift from Brian's sisters four years ago. I registered for it at Target on a whim, thinking of course no one would get it for me. I almost cried when it showed up at my door in Provo. The double stroller came next - I won that from a Facebook contest where I had to harass my friends everyday to vote for me to win it. Pretty sure the girl who lost hated me. Or at least her sister did, because she posted, "Lots of people have multiples. That's not a big deal. My sister deserves to win because she's a military wife!" I felt a teeny bit guilty. But that quickly faded away when my Contours II by Kolcraft arrived. Best stroller ever!! That's when I developed my love for swivel wheels. It's all about swivel wheels people. Seriously.
The Jeep double umbrella stroller was a lucky yard sale find. Five bucks. We didn't really need it and have only used it like once. But if nothing else, it will be fun to sell it for more than I bought it, or give it away to a friend with younger twins! The triple jogger is my pride and joy. Hours of research went into that purchase. It was expensive. Very. But worth every cent. And Brianna's double stroller is for her twin baby dolls and was a gift from my dear friend Kdawg.
Sadly, one of these strollers left our family today. I no longer need the single jogger and posted it on Craigslist and KSL. Got lots of calls and it was gone an hour later! Lesson learned - price it higher?! No, I'm glad I gave someone a smokin' deal.
It's a good thing we have two parking spaces in our condo's garage - or where would we park our favorite modes of transportation?! (Brian parks outside :)

4 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Whew...is that my future?! ha

Hohmann Family said...

Impressive. I've got a few, but they're not nearly as showy as yours. :)

Unknown said...

Until yesterday we had ONE umbrella stroller. ONE! I just bought a ready2grow graco...and am doubting the purchase. Tell me more about your Contours II.

chelsea mckell said...

Here's the post I did when we got the Contours double: http://bcmckell.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-ride-part-2.html

Favorite features: swivel wheels, large flexible canopies, 2 cup holders for me and one for each child, lots of storage space below, folds up very compact, and both kids can face me.