Saturday, February 11, 2012

Beary cool prize

I won this giant valentine bear for placing second at a 5k in Bountiful this morning (19:57 - the winner beat me in 19:54. It was sad. She got a stuffed moose that was even bigger than my bear). Brianna now thinks I'm the coolest person ever because I brought her home a generic medal, tech shirt (I get the kids size instead of my own, because I really don't need my 743rd race shirt) race snacks, and the bear. She says she wants to do races too. Hearing that makes me happier than all the giant bears in the world.




*Sunday night edit: so the kids were totally disenchanted by the giant bear after a short time. And I really don't need more "stuff" in my home. So I took it to Walmart since there was a tag still attached on it. Amazingly, they took it and gave me a gift card! Score! So I bought diapers with it. Because I'm wild and crazy like that.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Fancy!

Hohmann Family said...

Um - more like you're "needy" like that. (for diapers, I mean.)

summer said...

I would have done the same thing --- in fact I have! I bought some mirrors at a yard sale for $5, tags were still on from Ikea. I took it back and had $25 credit to spend there. We are just smart to think outside the box :)

Sally Jackson said...

Haha! At least you have a fun picture with a big bear. :) I totally would've done the same.

chelsea mckell said...

Summer, that is the best story ever. You are my hero. !