Wednesday, September 24, 2008

she BIT me!

For those who wanted proof of her toothy additions: (yeah, I know these are just the bottom two. Just TRY and get pics of the top. Impossible)
My worst fear came true a few weeks ago: our little 4-tooth shark BIT me while nursing!
Pain. Horrible pain. I saw stars. I cried. I scared her; she cried. We sat there crying at each other.
I really haven't forgiven her since. To quote my mother - she has "made a major withdrawal in the trust account."
The solution: She gets bottles during the day. No worries, they are expressed milk bottles. I'm too stubborn to let this biting episode get in the way of our feeding plan. So we only directly nurse at night and early in the morning - when she is too tired to be interested in biting. Then I use my trusty Lansinoh double electric during the day to make bottles. In some ways it's easier - I can pump hands-free, so I can read (or blog) while pumping, then just hand her the bottle and let her feed herself. But sanitizing all these bottles and pump parts is tedious. And I always question why I bother sanitizing anything, when Brianna is likely to be in the other room chewing on a dirty shoe or the stroller wheel.

3 comments:

DeAnne said...

you are a crack up! thanks for the visual of you and your breastpump while bloggin'. Love it!

Cassie said...

oh I am prayin Hallie doesn't get teeth until she is one!! I am so scared of her biting me when she gets teeth I can't even imagine how bad that hurts!! Good for you pumpin queen!!

Unknown said...

You are too funny. And I'm sorry about the biting, they eventually stop.