Saturday, September 20, 2008

can't STAND this!

Brianna's new "skill" is a little frustrating.
She has figured out how to pull herself up to a standing position, holding onto her crib.

She is smiling in these pics cuz she thinks I am coming to save her from the prison bars of her crib. Cute, maybe.
But not when I am trying to get her to take a nap and all she wants to do is stand up and wiggle around. Actually, I think she doesn't even know how to get herself back down. So I go in, put her back onto her back, and of course she is furious with me. We repeat this process a few times until she finally gives up and falls asleep (from exhaustion, perhaps. It appears quite laborious for her to get her chubby legs standing up over and over again). Then 20 minutes into the nap, when she has that semi-wake-up in her sleep cycle (when she used to just cry for 10 seconds then go back to sleep), she is up and standing again!
Fortunately, she doesn't do this at night. Perhaps she is too exhausted from going up and down all day. I know I am.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That is the cutest picture, I remember that when they Alli couldn't get back down and she would scream so much that she would throw up on her sheets. She is really growing up, I love the crawling video, she looks great.

Malerie said...

I know. I have mixed feelings with all of these milestones. Crawling leads to getting into everything and finding stuff to eat off the floor. And this standing up thing leads to bonks on the head and disrupting nap time! I guess it's good to learn these new tricks. They sure are cute as they are growing up and I'm sure you guys are just as proud as we are when they figure out something new!

valmike said...

That is so funny that you call her crib a prison. We call it, "Baby Prison." The crib and any play pens qualify for a prison! -VAL

Briett said...

Love the decor in the room. someday i hope to add some pink into the mix. I didn't realize Thatch and Brianna were so close in age, fun. Always a treat to see what you are up to:)

Debbie said...

She is looking so charming and beautiful!