Monday, September 29, 2008

Marital Squabbles

Up til now, Brian and I have had the PERFECT marriage, with NO problems or arguments at all...
;)
Ha - but seriously, I thought I would share an example of one of our squabbles and how it went down:
So late one night a few weeks ago, Brian had put in like 13 hours at work, came home late, ate dinner (pretty much his only meal for the day - he didnt come home for lunch because he had been so busy) and crashed. He was exhausted. I wasn't in the best mood either - Brianna had been very high-maintenance that. So it was a recipe for disaster - two tired grouchy adults going to bed.
Right before we fell asleep, I asked him if he had brushed his teeth (I could smell his dinner). He mumbled NO. I asked him to go do that. He said NO. I said GO. He said NO. So I scooted over to the far side of the bed and told him I wouldn't talk to him til he brushed his teeth. I don't even know if he heard me, he was so tired. When we woke up, I left on my run without talking to him, and came home a little late, so he had to rush off to work. He knew I was ticked. So later on that day, when Brianna and I came home from our stroller ride, I found this on the bed: SO SWEET! Twelve gorgeous roses and a beautiful note. He promised to be better "hygenicized" from now on.
And he has brushed his teeth every night since.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a BREATHLESS reunion! MOM

DeAnne said...

i am sorry to be laughing so hard at your disagreement. i just think it is so funny and i LOVE that note. how sweet and cute is that!