Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Let's pretend 1998 never happened.

While going through the storage room today to trade out the summer clothes for fall clothes and deal with sizing and all those fun issues that come along with having children... I came across my bin of high school stuff. I opened it up, looking for my YW Medallion. Because I would really like to be wearing it on Sundays and at our activities. Set a good example and all that. My stack of journals was in there. I kept a journal pretty consistently starting around age 10, all through college. I don't anymore. This blog has to suffice. But maybe that's a good thing, because I might look back at what I write 10 years later and be horrified? I hope not. But today I really was. My freshman Journal was ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Mind-numbingly ridiculous. Wanna slap my 14 year old self ridiculous. Just completely obsessed with boys. Boy drama. Some friend drama. But mostly just Boys Boys Boys. And lots of poor choices. And lots of stupid thinking. Or lack of thinking all together. Wow. I'm now absolutely terrified of having to parent four teenagers. It's obviously a terrible time in life filled with hormones and neurological impairment causing totally irrational behavior. I'm going to immediately start praying that somehow my children are Leaps and Bounds better than I was and I don't have to deal with this. I need to start now coaching them. "Children, repeat after me, 'I will not be a stupid teenager. I will not be a stupid teenager. Got that guys?' Great." After some internal debate, I decided that this journal needed to go bye bye. Ripped it up and put it in the recycle bin. I thank the Lord I somehow made it through that time in life without making any super serious mistakes.

No comments: