Saturday, October 15, 2016

Socktoberdash 5/10K




I wonder if my kids think it's totally normal for their mom to wake them up at 7am on a Saturday morning and say, "cmon kids, put on your crazy socks, time to go to the fun run!"

We had a blast! I ran the 10K, which started a few minutes before the 5K, so I was able to circle back after finishing and help Brian with the crew. He had Charity and Bennett in the double jogger. Brianna ran the whole thing, Courtney ran most of it but got to trade Bennett for stroller time when she got a little tired.


The kids got lots of prizes, and great post-race refreshments. And they learned a great lesson about helping others when they heard what the event was raising funds/awareness for.... Teen Closet, a local organization helping outfit homeless/foster kids. Such a foreign concept for our children....good for them to realize how blessed they truly are. 

And good for them to RUN!! :)

(my time was invalid - since I went the wrong way - not my fault - poorly marked course with lame volunteers - but I was first overall, and got a decent workout, so it's all good)

No comments: