Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Work update

In case I ever want to go back and read this blog (which I always think I'll do, but I haven't once gone back to read old blog posts since I started this back in 2007), here's a quick update on an important part of our lives:  EMPLOYMENT.
Brian has been with Cintas for about 16 months now. He likes it! It's not too much different than Enterprise, as far as hours and pay. Maybe slightly less hours and slightly more pay. And slightly less stress. So it definitely was a good thing he jumped that ship when he did  (I think - who knows "what might have been"....)
He recently got a promotion (or was transferred? Not sure which it is considered) to a different department, that allows him much more flexibility, which is lovely. He almost has normal working hours now! HA! That'll be the day...
I'm still doing my Utah Running stuff. July marked one year since I took over UtahRunningGuide.com.  This February will mark one year since I joined up with UtahRunning.com.  It's great - honestly, I couldn't have a better job. Super flexible with hours and responsibilities. I've backed down a LOT lately. I used to do about 15 hrs/wk. Now it's more like 5. I really enjoy being part of the running community in this capacity, since I'm not part of it as a participant lately. There are a few RDs I have to work with that drive me nuts, but for the most part, they're all great and I sincerely enjoy helping them promote their races. And of course, hosting the free race entry giveaways on FB is a highlight. Sometimes I think I'd like to just bag it all and be done with it and just focus 100% on my family. Then I realize that I'm being dumb - I have a creative outlet that actually is somewhat lucrative and brings me personal satisfaction, with extremely little interference to my mothering style preferences as long as I keep my head on straight. It's perfect.

No comments: