Thursday, November 28, 2013

Decorating Gingerbreadmen

I was a little lame this year for Thanksgiving. At least by typical standards. We didn't go anywhere (besides the 5K Turkey Trot). We didn't have a big ginormous feast with family (no invites! sad!) We didn't do anything especially-special. We just hung out as a family. Played. Had a small turkey and mashed potatoes. Went on a long afternoon walk. But decorating these gingerbread men was a highlight! Growing up, we almost always decorated gingerbread houses on Thanksgiving. I think my grandparents started the tradition, and my parents continued it. I'm quite sure I won't get AS into it as my parents/grandparents did, simply because I refuse to buy *that* much sugar and bring it into my home. But small simple gingerbread men like this? Perfect. Bought it all in a kit at Costco for $9. Kept them busy for a full hour!

No comments: