Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bedtime with C & B

Courtney asked me to hold her hand while she fell asleep.
As if I could resist!

Actually, the majority of nights I'm on the floor by her bed, because she's asked me to scratch her back until she falls asleep, or simply stay in the room "just fo a widdle bit"  (which means - until she falls asleep).  Fortunately, that doesn't take too long, and I have my phone or ipad to keep me entertained (and not fall asleep myself!)

Bennett - just 2 feet away - doesn't care. As long as I tuck him in and kiss him a million times and tell him how much I love him (which he totally loves. Or at least tolerates).

Occasionally they wake up at night and come upstairs to our room. Sometimes it's a water request, bathroom help, or wanting to get in our bed. We usually comply quickly, cuz they're just too sweet to get annoyed at. But I have found success with "rewarding those who STAY in their bed all night", and all 3 kids KNOW it.  So nighttime disturbances lately have been minimal. Which is great, because any day now.... nighttime disturbances will hit the max  :)  Bring it on, baby!


No comments: