Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Discovered Discovery Gateway Childrens Museum

I don't know why we hadn't ventured out to this place before. Too far? Too expensive? I think I tend to not do these types of outings because it seems senseless to me to DRIVE somewhere and PAY for fun, when I can just WALK to a nearby park or the pool and play for FREE. But this morning I found myself at home, no plans, realizing the kids would go nuts if we stayed home again all day. Fortunately someone posted on a FB Page about the Discovery Children's Museum having a free admission day (with food drive donation). So I told the kids that if they spent the morning cleaning their rooms and other various disaster zones we'd do the big afternoon outing. That kind of motivation works well for Brianna...the 3 yr olds still get easily distracted every 20 seconds. Anyways, so we went...and it was AMAZING!!
That place is phenomenal, we love it! My snapshots don't do it justice. All the different hands-on exhibits...wow, so perfect for my kids. Charity just slept in my carrier the whole time, minus a couple feedings and changes. We stayed for 5 HOURS and I ended up buying a family membership! Looking forward to going again soon.

1 comment:

Jordan and Crystal said...

I LOVE children's Museums and Utah as a great one. I go usually weekly. They are the best.