Saturday, June 14, 2008

Grown up

This afternoon Brian, Brianna and I went to a neighborhood BBQ. They called it a "neighborhood" BBQ, but really it was a ward event. They just wanted to trick all the haters into showing up. And it worked - we had a sizable gathering of Westbridge families hanging out by the pool and grillers.
When I went off to a shady corner to feed Brianna, I observed something troubling to me.
All the adults were sitting around chatting and eating, while all the kids were having a blast - playing with water balloons, toys, squirt guns, frisbees, etc.
Does anyone else agree that being a grownup is LAME?!
Is there some sort of law dictating that anyone over 18 must sit and watch others have fun?
I was disgusted with my people.
I went home, put my baby to bed, and told Brian I was going on a bike ride. He said "hmmmm....thats not very safe."
Lame.
My bike ride was awesome. I went reallyreally fast, rode with no hands (briefly, Im chicken), jumped the speed bumps, and didnt go home til it was dark.
As long as I can do that every now and then, Ill survive being a grownup.
bbbbbbbb

3 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

Yep, pretty sure that I agree on all counts. My neices got this awesome blow-up gym, and I felt like I was being judged for playing in it with them... LAME!

Debbie said...

Youth IS wasted on the young! Why didn't you just go "jump in"?
ONe of my best experiences was a day I took MYSELF to Disneyworld ALONE - that was just 2 years ago!
Sometimes you just have to choose to play like you were YOU!

Amy Hunter said...

You are hilarious. I'm proud of you for even noticing. The rest of us just fall into the expected rolls of adulthood! Except for my Eric, who I guess played "Indiana Jones" with all the 5-7 year olds at the Father-son campout. He can get down and dirty with the best of them.