Monday, June 23, 2008

Father's Day

This is our belated Father's Day post. I chose not to do another mushy tribute to Brian, since you all recently endured that on his birthday a couple weeks ago.
Besides, the title of "best dad in the world" has apparently been taken...several times over...according to all the other blogs I've viewed recently. Ha! Odd, dontcha think...
So I'll just show the gift Brianna and I gave to her daddy. 
 It's a TIE - but not just any tie.... a tie with a smiling picture of Brianna all over it! I designed and ordered it from snapfish.com about a month ago, so it arrived well in advanced and I didnt have to do the last-minute frantic gift search (I hate doing that). Brian was so proud to wear his tie to church and work.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

That is the coolest gift. You went to such lengths! - No hanging out for you or knot deciding til the last! You tied in everything beautifully!

Ashley said...

That is such a cute gift, maybe I will get one of those for John for his birthday coming up, they are so cute. Brian is such a proud dad, that is great.

cameron said...

what you doing in vernal? did your hubby get a job?

valmike said...

What Dad wouldn't love a tie? Especially when he has to wear one 6 of the 7 days a week!

chelsea mckell said...

Cameron - yeah, living in Vernal parttime, just during the weekdays. Been here about 6 months, hoping to leave within the next couple. Brian has opened up an Enterprise Rent-A-Car for the fine folks here, and is doing extremely well. Just this morning, he had to WALK to work, because he rented out every single one of his vehicles! Vernal isnt too bad. Everything is within walking distance, which I love. And, as you know...the Uintah mountains are beautiful!

Mandy said...

Very cute! We did that exact thing for Andy's first father's day! It is such a fun idea!

Jen & the Claw said...

Fabulous idea! I'll have to remember that for my hubby's birthday and a gift from my son to him. Thanks!

Allison said...

Chelsea! Wow I love that tie idea. I'm going to have to save that website and use that for a future father's day when my hubby is a father. Thanks for the website name. You're little girl is so cute! -Allison (Pugh) Jensen

Amy Hunter said...

That is so awesome! I'm going to copy you next year!!