Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lacrimal Duct Obstruction

Every mothers worst fear has come true.
Our little Brianna has Lacrimal Duct Obstruction.
I know you all must stay up late at night fretting this dreaded condition will strike your infant.
No worries - we have the great fortune of an Optometrist in the family. Dr. Mark McKell, also known as the Markster.
But not just any optometrist... a dang good one. The kind that must have studied his bum off during school. For now he has no bum (its a male mckell thing). But he does have an extremely kind and generous heart, for when we alerted him of Briannas suspicious eye gunk and red lids, he made a house call. This picture shows Briannas first professional eye exam.
He wrote us a prescription for some antibiotic cream on the spot, and also prescribed daily digital massage (translation: rub the area between her eyes a few times a day). This will undoubtedly be accompanied by intense pampering and serious loving on my little baby, as I have learned how heartbreaking it is to see your child suffering.

Hope everyone understands Im being overdramatic. Kindof. I actually started bawling when I was rocking her to sleep, because she was so fussy and just burring her beautiful chubby face into me. I am planning on this being the worst ailment that ever afflicts her for the rest of her life. I dont think I can handle anything more.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, that is to bad, that is great that Mark could come to the rescue, he is so helpful and would do anything for anyone in the family. That is great!!!

Allison had something similar, they thought it was pink eye, but it turned out to be a blocked tear duct, it wasn't quite as bad, but I was worried about it at the time. I was glad to find out that the treatment was just to rub her eye.

I hope that she is doing better,it is sad when they have something wrong with them. She is sure getting responsive it looks like, what a cutie.

Amy Hunter said...

Chelsea, You are such a fun writer. I love reading your blog! I'm so glad you found out what's up with the eye gunk! Thank goodness for relatives, right? Anyway, you have the gift of expression. I just love it.

Chelsea and Cody said...

Dramatic? No, NOT YOU! Hehe! I do feel bad for her though, that is no fun! I have no doubt that she will probably try and FAKE more problems/sicknesses in the future just because so knows how pampered she gets! Ha!

Rhett said...

poor lil B.......sending best wishes in the air to her!

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

So sad :(
Thats how I felt when Tanner and I had to go to the hospital in the ambulence and he was hooked up to all those machines with his little hands taped to some boards.