Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy birthday Brian McKell

A tribute to Brianna's Dad, born 26 years ago today
Reasons I love Brian McKell:

-He is so NOT superficial. He doesnt care if our groceries are name-brand or generic. He doesnt mind when I dont feel like putting on makeup that day. He doesnt walk around like a billboard for a namebrand clothing company. I love that.
- He knows when to stand up to me and when to shut his mouth. He has gained my respect because of that.
- He is really, really ridiculously good-looking.
- He is absolutely hilarious without even slightly realizing it. I wish I had an audio recorder with me all the time - he really says the most quirky things. Like yesterday, I asked him "how much TV should we let Brianna watch when shes older?" He responded "not much, and definitely not in her room. There is a lady who works at the airport who says she got pregnant at age 16 because her parents let her have a TV in her room." Then he left; end of conversation.
-Brian McKell is an amazingly hard worker. He puts in 11-14 hours every weekday at Enterprise. Thats 11-14 hours of fast-paced customer service, marketing, car maintenance, car washing, computer work, finance management... and I have honestly never heard a word of complaint from him.
-Extreme loyalty. You will never convince him that SUU is not the best school in the world, Blackforest is not the best deli meat brand, Philippines is not the greatest mission ever, and that voting Republican is necessary for celestial exaltation.
-He may not work out every day (or every week...or month...) but when he is challenged with a serious physical exertion, he rises to the occasion. Eg: last summer he ran a half marathon with me - NO training, and managed a 1:55!
-Brian is SO go-with-the-flow. I could say "B, we are going to go spend thousands of dollars at Home Depot and completely remodel our house. Lets leave in 10 minutes." And he would say "ok - can we go to taco bell on the way?"
- This may be cliche... but honestly: he makes me want to be a better person.
-He is really, really ridiculously good-looking. Did I say that already?

6 comments:

Megan Smith said...

I have to agree about Brian's quirk. His quotes in the family quote calendar were the best! I'm looking forward to more of them. Happy birthday Brian!

Ashley said...

Hey, I love the post about Brian, he is such a great guy, and a great brother. He is someone who I miss the most living here, he and I have always been close. I love his jokes and his humor. I have been so proud about how hard he is working at Enterprise. It is great. I also like the part about loyalty. He is committed to the people and the places that he has been and that is great. I do agree with him that I think SUU is the best school. I loved my experience there. I hope that he had a fun birthday!!! I feel bad that I haven't been sending cards like I used to, I will try to get motivated again.

Happy Birthday Bri Guy!!!

Debbie said...

momofeightmomof8Taco Bell? Oh no - well, too late - but, next time Brian, I promise. Mom Smith

Debbie said...

Taco Bell? Oh no - I sent Subway! Next time Brian - we got you covered for those unexpected trips for major remodeling! Mom Smith

Debbie said...

Okay - here's the problem. Me! But I am working on avoiding multiple comments!

chelsea mckell said...

And another thing I love about Brian... he is very understand about my mothers oddities.