Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter!


Brianna and I had SO much fun making Easter baskets for Brian's accounts (meaning the auto body shops that refer business to him). We went to the dollar store here in Vernal (which is one of the more popular shopping venues 'round here...and ONLY). I love spending money when it's not my own. We made this a marketing expense. I have promoted myself to the Enterprise Marketing Manager, and am considering asking Brian for my own name tag. Chelsea W can attest to that. Sidenote - when I would misplace my own nametag at UW, I just borrowed hers. Very convenient. So back to baskets - aren't they cute?! And they're not all junkfood - I put granola bars and roasted almonds in there. I spent many years of my life being uber-healthy (pregnancy nixed that), so I try to be sensitive those who still treating their bodies as temples. Excuse me now while I go look for the leftover jellybeans.

I actually feel somewhat guilty for celebrating Easter in such a secular way. Last Sunday, Marta and Sam Smith put on a fabulously inspiring fireside about Christ's last days and the Resurrection. It's really sad how our society has turned the most important event in the history of mankind into pink bunnies, chickies and duckies. I mean - I'm totally ok with a little egg hunt on Saturday... but how do I teach Brianna the real significace? (Starting next year, of course...it's a little too early now. I can't even keep her awake long enough to finish a feeding)

4 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

I love them! I was a slacker wife and didn't even do easter baskets at all! I did whip up quite the meal...ha!

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

Happy first Easter Brianna. tanner had tons of fun too!

Ashley said...

That is so fun, it looks like you had a great Easter. How do you know Kye Nordfelt, he is on your blog list?? He went to SUU with me, I remember him and the girl that he married, it is so fun to blog and find people that you know.

Mandy said...

So cute! I am impressed! The girls are sitting here with me while I look at your blog, and Eden said, "It's Chelsea my swimmer." I let them watch footage from swim lessons last year, and now they ask to go swimming ALL the time!! Are you still planning on doing swim lessons this summer?