Monday, March 31, 2008

Brianna's future cosmetologist



Meredith wanted to do Brianna's first haircut this weekend... til she actually saw her and discovered that Brianna has very little hair to cut. And even if she did have a few inches... it would have to be cut over my dead body. See, I have this thing with long hair - I like it. I believe in having long hair. I have a testimony of long hair. You short-haired people... don't worry. It's not too late - hair grows.
Meredith and I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to hair. I love the free trims, the haircuts for Brian... but whether she will admit it or not, she's scissor-happy. I detest that. I think she sees my hair and wants to attack it like a fat kid attacks cake. She tells me I look like a polygamist because my hair is super long, straight, and all one color. What's odd is that I don't think she's ever actually seen a polygamist.... anyways, so I gave in and let her chop off 5 inches and do long layers. This is only 4 months after she had chopped off 6 inches. Next month when I visit Spokane she wants to do highlights. Oh yay, now I can spend the rest of my life worrying about roots.... ugh. bleck. I'll fight her on it. We'll see who wins out.
At one point during our negotiations, she threatened to do it while I'm sleeping. I pointed to Brianna and responded: "HA! You think I sleep?!"

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Chelsea, take it from me when I say "STAY STRONG"!!!! I think you're right about scissor-happy hair stylists and I've been bullied so many times into cutting my hair, being told similar things like you. But whatever a hair dresser has ever done to my hair, it never compared to how good my hair looked before it was touched. I had long, thick, beautiful hair before I started to allow myself to believe all my short-haired friends. You remember how my perm turned out and how unhappy I was with it? And the layers... she made it look like I have split-ends all over my hair! It looks like a two-year old took nail clippers to my hair!

I could see someone with thin, stringy, split-endy, unhealthy hair, getting it cut short to look more stylish and cute for their face. But YOUR hair?... your hair is the kind that should NEVER be touched because your hair is a gift of beauty.

Chelsea and Cody said...

5 more inches!! I am proud...you know who I will support in this... I gotta go with the fellow cosmetologist! HA!