Thursday, May 30, 2013

Moving day!!

Off to our new Bountiful home! Exactly 1.4 miles away. May not seem like a big deal, but TOTALLY OVERWHELMING for me. SO.MUCH.TO.DO.  My poor children had to watch movies and play on the iPad for a couple days straight since I was too busy to play with them or take them anywhere. I promised I'd make it up to them, and I will.

Seriously, driving a UHaul was HARD! Totally nerve wracking. I went 20 MPH the whole way (which fortunately was just a couple miles).

This truck ended up DYING on us at 9pm on moving night. We had to jump start it. Which I'm totally grateful for, because UHaul refunded more than half our rental fee for that inconvenience. And they were super nice about it.

If you ever have to rent a moving van, UHaul is the least expensive for short moves. I checked out all the others and we really scored. Such a blessing! Because there are a bazillion little costs incurred related to moving, and it adds up. Glad that the truck didn't contribute to that very much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait, what!?

Unknown said...

Total, what? Exciting, exhausting, and glad you are still close to us (or at least when we get back!)