Saturday, May 11, 2013

SURPRISE!

Here's the video of Brianna and I jumping out of a box, surprising my mom with her mother's day present...... US! It was hard keeping this big trip a secret for 3 weeks, but SO worth it for her reaction!!  http://youtu.be/5AZ6Zkq6R3M AND (Lindsay's version) http://youtu.be/FV3SaIClbu4   I'm so grateful to my friend who we hired to babysit the twins on Friday, since Brian couldn't get off work. She did a phenomenal job with them (probably better than I do, in many ways!) And grateful to Brian for supporting this adventure without complaining. I definitely had a hard time leaving my babies - totally got emotional at the airport dropoff - I've NEVER been away from them for one night, let alone THREE nights! But all reports say they're doing great and haven't complained much. Whew. I was very nervous about this being traumatic for them. But I'm glad I've got two little ones who can adapt well and are independent and secure! Will this trip mean full weaning finally?  We shall see!
Brianna is having the time of her LIFE here, playing with cousins Lily, Cougar, Lincoln, and McKay, exploring the woods all around Papa and Nonny's home, and just playing HARD nonstop. Not a second of TV or screen time at all. Just constant adventures!
I've got a lot more pictures to share. We'll see if I get around to it...  (I've got a terrible history with trying to do posts that involve multiple pictures....)
So glad we made this trip!  Very bittersweet to go back to real life tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

chelsea mckell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hohmann Family said...

Happy, happy!!! Brought tears to my eyes!