Thursday, November 27, 2008

thanksgiving

We spent our Thanksgiving in Spanish Fork at "the condo." In the Mckell family, that's what we call it. Brian's parents own it as a second home, but they rent it out sometimes. Current tenants are the fabulous Jami and Mark. It's a nice gathering spot. So we hung out there for about 7 hours today. Here are the pics:














This is Kandalyn, Mike and Brandi's youngest. She's about 3 months older than Brianna. For some reason, I love playing with other babies. Brianna gets a little jealous.









Brianna's Grandpa and Grandma McKell. They are always so generous, sweet, and welcoming to our family.







The grub.











The nephews, digging into the pies (my personal fav - pumpkin. I have a loooong history with pumpkin pies. I used to request a pumpkin pie in lieu of birthday cake)



Both of Brian's grandpas were there. I don't think he realizes how rare that is to get to enjoy the company of both of your grandpas on a holiday. He's very fortunate.




Brianna got to try turkey for her first time. She liked it. Not as much as the baked yams and pomegranate seeds though. And definitely not as much as she loved roaming around the house playing with people.










Family picture Barbara wanted us to take for her Christmas card. We were trying to get her to smile, which only made her turn towards us. Anybody know how to get a baby to smile AT the CAMERA?!
Yes, I realize the angle makes Brianna's head look larger than ours. And I realize her tummy is showing in one of them. Dontcha just wanna blow raspberries on it?! I DO!

















Melissa and Clint went running in the morning. I just think this pic is cute. I love it when couples workout together. Brian and I weren't that lucky this morning. He stayed with Brianna while I did a Turkey Trot 5K in American Fork, and I stayed with her while he played his Turkey Football game. Oh well. Someday Brianna will come turkey trotting with me. Or maybe Turkey Footballing with her daddy...




We forgot a highchair, which made feeding her a bit tricky. She was definitely more interested in my plate than hers. Typical.

8 comments:

Megan Smith said...

So your veggie tray was smashing I'm sure!

I esp. like that bottom picture of you holding Brianna. It has a very classic "mother and child" look.

chelsea mckell said...

Meg - I don't think anyone touched the veggie tray I brought. Or the baked yams. Oh well - leftovers for us!
And thanks for your comment about the bottom pic. Notice how I'm trying to get her to eat from HER plate, and she's grabbing from MY plate. sheesh.

Debbie said...

Seeing Brianna at the little table with cousins makes her look older. Maybe we could set up a little table for her at Christmastime - she could sit with Meredith!

Mandy said...

You guys got some fun pics! I didn't even pull my camera out for Thanksgiving . . . that is SOOOO unlike me! Brianna is getting so big! I am sure that her wanting to eat from your plate will just get worse!! :-)

Mandy said...

You guys got some fun pics! I didn't even pull my camera out for Thanksgiving . . . that is SOOOO unlike me! Brianna is getting so big! I am sure that her wanting to eat from your plate will just get worse!! :-)

M and N Tenny said...

Very cute pics, looks like you guys had a very happy Turkey day! Gobble gobble

Ashley said...

You know what really cracked me up about your post, the picture that had the big bowl of salad that Grandpa B. brought, my mom said it was a big mixture of all sorts of things. I am glad that you had fun and Brianna's shirt is really cute.

Tia Langston said...

I love Brian patting/rubbing his belly in the background of the pic with you and Kandalyn. Looks like a fun day!