Saturday, November 1, 2008

Milestones

This weekend, Brianna achieved two developmental milestones:
* She crawled up the stairs - about 6 of them.
Problem: she can't get back down yet.

*She waved bye-bye. We have been working on this for weeks - I'm so relieved. I was worried she would never learn, then be seriously socially awkward her whole life.
Grandma Oneita Smith was the lucky recipient of her first flimsy-arm wave. We celebrated so enthusiastically that she has done it many times since. It's getting a little tiring to jump up and down praising her each time.
She is now pretty much ready for the Olympics.

6 comments:

Becky and Brian said...

Great Job Brianna! It is so fun watching them grow and develop!

Julie said...

geez!!! Boston keeps trying to catch up - but right when you think it's getting close - Brianna pulls ahead!! haha.... so Boston is about to crawl!! he is doing the rocking thing on his hands and knees like Brianna - she is the only one he has seen do it - so thank you Brianna!!! YAY little B!! (both of ours!)

Oh and about dumb or dumber....sadly it had to be one of them....and it was dumb - but I seriously feel like they are both the dumbest!!!! but lesser of two evils I guess....I'm still bitter about the whole thing.....want to come to our secret island with us???

Unknown said...

I love the baby wave. You are very funny...

Amy Hunter said...

Little baby prodigy! I can't wait to see the wave at church! I'm also excited for next week's primary program. Good luck!

Tia Langston said...

I love baby waves! So cute. I also love how you give updates. I think after the first baby, I've been slacking on the baby updates. Good job mommy.

Mandy said...

Yeah Brianna!! Don't worry, going down the stairs comes soon enough. It's all about practice! Oh, and, as you've learned, cheering her on helps!! :-)